Virginia City, Nevada
Piper’s Opera House was built as a performing arts venue in the city where $400 million worth of gold and silver was extracted from the ground in the late 1800s. In its heyday, Piper’s attracted stars including Enrico Caruso, Lily Langtry, John Philip Sousa, John Barrymore, Harry Houdini and Mark Twain. When Piper’s received a $400,000 “Save America’s Treasures” grant from the National Park Service, Reyman Bros. was tapped to shore up the historic façade of the building. Today, Piper’s is considered one of the most significant vintage theaters on the West Coast.
Owner: Virginia City, Nevada
General Contractor: Reyman Bros. Construction
Structural Engineer: Ferrari Shields & Associates
Originally Built: 1885