University of Nevada, Reno
Frandsen Humanities Building was built in 1917-18, and was designed by W.L. Lewis of the Reno architectural firm of Lewis, Ellory, & Sexton. It originally contained the College of Agriculture, and several agricultural and home economics laboratories. The University of Nevada commissioned Reyman Bros. to perform a seismic retrofit and a complete interior renovation of this beloved building. Reyman Bros. meticulously preserved the public areas and worked to keep the feeling of time-honored tradition throughout the interiors, creating a thoroughly modern building with the rich, harmonious feel of the original. The building was reopened in May 2000 after the two-year renovation.
Owner: University of Nevada, Reno
General Contractor: Reyman Bros. Construction
Architect: W.L. Lewis
Structural Engineer: Ferrari Shields
Originally Built: 1917-1918
Value of Work: $2.9 million